A conceptUAL FLOOR PLAN
TŪMANAKO WELLNESS CENTRE I PLAN
The number of guest rooms are not final, but all other services are what we are hoping to provide.
Reception with garden - in keeping with the vision of the Tūmanako centre our reception will set the scene, inviting our guests into our space. Each and every one of our guests arrive to a welcoming ‘living’ room - a gorgeous, large atrium with an exquisite internal garden reminiscent of a balinese resort, replete with generous, comfortable seating (should they ever need to wait- & we will strive, in our service to our clients that they should not ever have to wait!), soft lighting - never harsh or ill-considered. Every tiny detail about our entrance needs to invite our guests to calm. Gentle, quiet, peaceful, harmonious, safe, unhurried. Our reception needs to very clearly establish the sanctuary-like nature of Tūmanako wellness centre.
In the reception area there will be a:
- Small library
- Safe waiting room (for anyone in distress, waiting to be seen)
- Reception ‘desk’
- Toilet amenities
- Main atrium garden - a very large, lush resort-like garden area that houses several private areas within it along with a beautiful outdoor garden multi-purpose room to be used as a function room, yoga studio or calm retreat.
- Nurses station
- Psychiatric consultation rooms 1 & 2
- Clinical psychologist consultation room 1 &2
- Safe withdrawal centre - specialist care and support in weaning off psychotropic or anti-depressant medication with full nutritional and clinical support
- Child trauma centre
- Women only space
- Treatment rooms 1 & 2
- Research lab 1 - nutrient research
- Research lab 2 - medication withdrawal
Complementary therapies area:
- Complementary therapies reception area & lounge
- Nutritionist consultation room 1
- Nutritionist consultation room 2
- Exercise physiology services room 1
- Complementary therapies consult room 1
- Complementary therapies consult room 2
- Zen garden
- Music studio
- Art studio
- Craft studio
- Meditation studio
- Yoga studio
- Reflection room - near the zen garden, a tranquil, low light area for rest, private contemplation and reflection, spiritual or otherwise.
Guest rooms 1-15 and 16-30
Whanau rooms 1, 2, 3 and 4
Dining and kitchen:
- Guest Dining room 1
- Guest Dining room 2
- Main Kitchen
- Staff Kitchen & pantry
- Staff dining
- Staff lounge
Organic food garden:
- Food garden (to be near/beside the kitchen and dining areas)
- Garden tools / shed area
Cleaning / maintenance / utilities area
Community & learning spaces:
- Tumanako community share-space & event space for mental wellness, educational and community events (including film and performances) complete with small stage area, audio visual and sound system.
- The hub - a safe share-space, where those in our community feeling isolated or alone can use at their discretion, as a shared work space, or simply just to relax in have a coffee or tea with others and feel more connected if they need to. We’ll have wi-fi, a barista and music available as well as a common garden to unwind and relax in - all part of the hub.